Academic Board :Conference RoomMembers at the Academic Board Meeting
The Academic Board is charged with the organization and superintendence of instruction, examination, lectures, classes, curricular, and promotion of research in the Polytechnic. It is equally responsible for admission, discipline and graduation of students. As set out in section 15(2) of the Law No. 8,, 2013, membership of the Academic Board comprises the following:
The Registrar is the secretary of the Academic Board.
- The Rector who shall be the chairperson;
- Deputy Rector(s)
- All academic staff with rank of the Director
- Deans of Schools and heads of Departments.
Functions of the Academic BoardAs the supreme academic organ of the Polytechnic, the Academic Board performs the following function:
- Prescribe the curricular and rules of discipline, subject to the approval of the Council;
- Fix the requirement for admission to the Polytechnic, as well as for graduation and conferring of diplomas and certificates subject to review by the Council;
- Recommend students or other to be recipients of diplomas or certificates, to exercise disciplinary control over students, subject to the approval of Council, within the limits prescribed by the rules of discipline;
- Make recommendations to the Council in connection with matters referred to it by the Council or which the Academic Board considers necessary in the interest of the Polytechnic;
- Submit to the Council such reports in connection with the functions of the Academic Board as the Council may require;
- Perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the rules and regulations