Academic Planning :Nassarawa Campus Annex
The Academic Planning Unit is under the office of the Rector, and is headed by a Director.
FUNCTIONS OF THE UNITThe Academic Planning Unit performs following functions:
- It is answerable to the Rector on academic planning matters.
- It liaises with the NBTE on academic matters relating to statistics on admission and graduation
- It monitors compliance with NBTE/Polytechnic policy and guidelines on:
- establishing College/department/unit
- Admission quotas and bench marks
- Teachers/students ratio
- Science Art Ratio etc.
- It is responsible for gathering, collation and analysing relevant statistics and preparing annual report such as:
- Total enrolments by school/department, sex and level of courses.
- Total of new entrants by school/department, Sex land level of course.
- Distribution of all students by school/department, Sex and states of origin.
- Distribution of new entrants by college/department, sex and states of origin
- Assessment of academic staff by school/department, Nationality and grade
- Academic staff by category and sex
- Non-academic staff by category and sex
- Senior staff by functions and Nationalities
- Total, Diploma and certificate awards by classes of degree and subjects
- Record number of failures by school/department, sex and levels of courses
- Periodic institution research into financing, planning and manpower development. This entails documenting:
Liaison with the Bursary department, MIS and the department of Physical Planning and Works and Engineering Services.
- The financial allocation to the Polytechnic and its sources.
- Polytechnic generated revenue through its various ventures
- Staff recruitment profiles (junior, senior administrative/technical and academic)
- Staff turn over
- The students intake
- The effects of all these variables on planning in the Polytechnic
- Computation of excess workload claims by staff (if any).
- Compilations of the list of all academic programs
- Computation of the FTE for all academic programs
- Any other duties assigned by the Rector
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPThe director of Academic Planning unit is expected to be a member of the following Polytechnic committees:
- The Academic planning committee
- Academic Board
- Physical Planning committee
- Admissions committee
- Management Information System (MIS) committee
- Academic linkages Committee
- Committee in the compilation of academic brief
- Strategic Planning committee
- Tender's Committee
- Committee on Affiliations
- Accreditation Committee
- Library Development Committee
- Any other committee related to academic matters.
ADMINISTRATION OF THE DEPARTMENT
Other Key officers in the Department
S/NO NAME DESIGNATION 1. 2. 3.